The opening ceremony will be terrible or it will be great and England will be blamed.
Something about the Royal Family, Charles, William, Kate, and Harry, but not necessarily in that order.
The team uniforms from every country except Germany will be hideous.
Ralph Lauren’s stock will…
It’s the UK, not England - but for the London, Anglo-centric vibe, you’d think it was just England. Never mind, roll on the Glasgow Commonwealth Games 2014!- where Buckfast will be drunk copiously (or at least the assumption by commentators will be thus), and there will be many an English snigger about the unfittiness and alcoholism of Scots in general, no one will care quite so much, and there will be a curious political and cultural seething about the upcoming independence referendum. All in all it will be a far less overexposed and more interesting and unpredictable event.
- nancysriracha reblogged this from roxanegay
- agirlwithnofilter likes this
- playa-mar-cielo likes this
- playa-mar-cielo said: In interviews, American athletes will talk about how they gave 110% effort. Non-Americans will talk about how they gave the more sensible 100% effort. I don’t know why this math makes me so crazy but it do.
- ecantwell likes this
- universalequivalent likes this
- mkimarnold likes this
- chrisjrice likes this
- elizs likes this
- elizabethminkel reblogged this from roxanegay and added:
- yaddyrap reblogged this from roxanegay
- greenekangaroo reblogged this from roxanegay
- rgbeautifulride likes this
- eoporto likes this
- sassygwaine likes this
- opalgemblog likes this
- othernotebooksareavailable reblogged this from roxanegay and added:
- mjrobinsonwrites said: this is the greatest.
- katherinestasaph likes this
- mjrobinsonwrites likes this
- teresatothemax said: This belongs on The Hairpin. Hah
- teresatothemax likes this
- katiecoyle likes this
- roxanegay posted this